Contact Details for Study (permission given to post on website):
Study PI - Miss Carly Nichola Bisset
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter - @plato_project
The Plato Project:
the influence of the surgeon’s personality on the anastomotic decision
Update July 2021
PPI Exercise & Findings – Shared decision-making
- Ileostomy Association £5789
- Bowel and Cancer Research £5880
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow £2900 for Travelling Fellowship (agreed for postponement due to COVID-19, date remains TBC - was meant to be travelling to NYC, USA on 3rd May 2020 for 8 weeks under supervision of Dr Debby Keller, now based in Sacramento, CA, USA)
- A Systematic Review of the Abdominal Surgeon’s Personality: Exploring Common Traits in Western Populations. Bisset CN, McKee T, Cawley M, Tilling E, Moug SJ.
Behavioural Sciences. 2021 Jan;11(1):2. PMID: 33375271
- Exploring shared decision-making from the patient’s perspective: is the personality of the surgeon important? Bisset CN, Dames N, Oliphant R, Alasadi A, Anderson D, Parson S, Cleland J, Moug SJ. Colorectal Disease 2020. PMID 32628311
- Systematic review protocol examining the influence of surgeon personality on peri-operative decision making in abdominal surgery. Bisset CN, McKee T, Tilling E, Cawley M, Moug SJ. BMJ Open 2020;10:e035361. PMID 32019819
Presentations & Prizes
- Invited Plenary Speaker at 22nd Alpine Colorectal Conference, Courchevel, France (January 2022)
- Invited Speaker – Video Presentation on “Me-search Research” for AIS Channel
- Virtual E-Poster Presentation at the European Colorectal Congress (December 2020)
- Invited Speaker at the ACPGBI-PLG Session on “The Surgeon Psyche & Decision-Making” – Virtual ACPGBI Conference (July 2020)
- Best 1st Year Presentation at the University of Aberdeen Summer Postgraduate Research Meeting (June 2020)
- 1st Prize E-Poster Presentation at the Alpine Colorectal Meeting, Switzerland (January 2020): Does personality of the colorectal surgeon influence patient care?
- Oral Presentation at the West of Scotland Surgical Association Autumn Meeting (November 2019): Does personality of the colorectal surgeon influence patient care?
- E-Poster Presentation at the Virtual American Society for Colon and Rectal Surgeons Annual Conference Boston 2020 (face-to-face cancelled)